Interim Finance Consultant
A local Authority are currently looking for a Finance Consultant for a period of 6 months
- Coordinate, validate and consolidate all the information requirements needed to enable the part time (shared) strategic Treasury Management adviser to review their strategic cash/investment position as well as produce drafts (with guidance from their specialist Treasury Management adviser) for end-of-year and mid-year Treasury Management review report and 2019/20 Treasury Management Strategy.
- Review how the client currently delivers financial services to their growing housing company, making suggestions on what is needed. Also to set up a process (and delver) for monitoring the financial position of the company’s spend, income and cash position to report to the Managing Director and the Board.
- The Finance Consultant may also be asked if you can support and advise on the establishment of other council companies – but this is dependent on corporate timescales which are unknown at this time.
- With the support and technical guidance of the strategic Treasury Management adviser, advise on the potential impacts of IFRS9 and 16.
- Produce financial estimates for 2019/20 MTFS for interest income and expenditure and MRP costs.
- Advise on VAT issues and ensure any returns needed are completed.
- Other projects and tasks to be agreed with the interim adviser.
You will be CCAB qualified with extensive local government finance experience