Senior Finance Manager
We are currently recruiting for one of London’s leading District General Hospitals, which currently provides integrated services to both the community and the patients of the hospital itself. The Hospital has a range of services including specialist services, maternity services and the Borough’s only Emergency Department.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a new Senior Finance Manager to join the team, supporting the corporate services of the Hospital. The Senior Finance Manager will provide financial strategy and support to other senior managers within the Corporate areas and will be supported by a Directorate support, who will help out with some of the more transactional duties.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Being the principal financial advisor integrated into the management team of the Corporate Directorates and contributing to business planning and the financial monitoring processes;
- Producing a monthly financial position that has integrity, accuracy and analysis;
- Developing cost awareness, identifying and quantifying key cost drivers and being able to model the implications of changes in activity in these;
- Producing business cases where required;
- Ensuring that effective budget holder meetings are being held in line with the departments KPI’s.
The successful applicant will be a CCAB qualified accountant with post-qualification experience within a Financial Management team. You will ideally come from the NHS, but may also come from corporate areas within the wider public. The chosen applicant will be able to analyse, compare and interpret complex financial and performance data. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to negotiate and influence others, but also explain financial information clearly to those who don’t understand it. Finally, you will be able to demonstrate a track record of previous achievements and being able to deliver work to tight deadlines.