Head of Finance Police Staff
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of the Office of the Cambridgeshire Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) at Police HQ, Huntingdon. The successful candidate will provide effective and efficient business support to staff of the OPCC.
This is an office based post and the successful candidate will provide business/administrative support to staff within the OPCC team. Experience of working in a busy office with good all round IT experience and attention to detail is therefore essential. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully organise and prioritise work are also essential, as is the need to work under your own initiative. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and an awareness and understanding of confidentiality relating to all types of information.
Job Purpose: To develop and implement financial and resourcing strategies to support the Commissioner to deliver the Police and Crime Plan.
In addition, the post holder will also enable the Commissioner to deliver the aspiration of the Transformation strand of the Police and Crime Plan.
- To enable the PCC to undertake key statutory functions relating to finance, including the construction of a Medium Term Financial Strategy and setting an annual budget and precept.
- To work with the PCC, other members of the Senior Management Team and partners to co-ordinate the drafting and development of the annual report and Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- Develop the planning process to ensure a strong linkage between business planning and financial planning
- To work with the Constabulary Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to develop a benefits realisation strategy to enable the Commissioner to hold the Chief Constable to account for transformation of the Constabulary.
- To work with the OPCC CFO to develop a benefits realisation strategy for the OPCC to enable the Commissioner to monitor delivery of the Police and Crime Plan
- To lead the development of the OPCC commissioning process in conjunction with the Head of Strategic Partnerships and Commissioning, to ensure maximum leverage to enable delivery of the Police and Crime Plan objectives.
- To oversee all day to day financial management activities of the OPCC
- To undertake such other reasonable duties as the Chief Executive may from time to time determine – managing team resources to contribute to the general resilience of the office to support the PCC effectively.
If you are interested in applying for the advertised role please ensure you read the attached information, including role profile, context sheet (if applicable) and recruitment information for applicants.
For the purposes of the application you will be expected to provide evidence against the personal qualities below and the entry requirements:
• We are emotionally aware
• We take ownership
• We are collaborative
• We deliver, support and inspire
• We analyse critically
• We are innovative and open-minded
There is a word count limit of 500 words per section.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be expected to evidence against all personal qualities and the entry requirements as stipulated in the role profile.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Matthew Warren – 01480 444619.
Closing Date – Friday 31st August 2018
Shortlist – 5th September 2018
Interview on Thursday 20th September 2018