Interim Finance Manager
I am recruiting for a well respected University in London who are looking for an interim Finance Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract.
You will be one of 3 Finance Managers in the Financial Performance Management team who provide financial management expertise in relation to:
- Delivering Financial Performance at least in line with the University’s Financial Plan.
- University-wide consolidated reporting, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- Application of investment appraisal for the development and review of business cases.
- Costing, including the returns for HEFCE and calculation of full economic costing rates for research projects.
- Provision of regular and relevant financial information to both senior management and external stakeholders.
Providing a high calibre level of financial support to the schools, your main responsibilities will be:
- University level expenditure analysis
- Carry out LEAN reviews of financial processes within the Financial Performance Management team
- Fulfil the role of business partner for one or more Schools
- School specific deep dives
- School course contribution analysis
- Implementing new templates for the above schools. (proposals for a new planning template, budgeting setting template)
- Lead for the Financial HESA return
- Consolidation of all School accounts on a monthly basis and for all aspects of the annual reporting timetable
- All aspects of Tuition Fee income accounting and student number reporting for the above Schools
The successful candidate will have a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIPFA), excellent analytical skills, familiarity with ERP and large-scale finance systems, including SAP, excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills and the ability to present and explain financial information to non finance staff in an easily digestible format.
Interviews are this week, so please get in touch quickly!