Service Transformation Manager
NHS England is the Commissioning body who leads the direction of the NHS in England; they agree the priorities and direction of the NHS and encourage and inform the national debate to improve healthcare. NHS England has agreed to undertake a rolling prioritised programme of national service reviews to assess all specialised service lines, over a three year period. Your role as Service Transformation Manager will sit in this interesting and sought-after area.
The Specialised Commissioning area you will be joining is a fast-paced, dynamic and political environment whose aim is to ensure high quality care is delivered by the most capable providers on a sustainable basis.
As the Service Transformation Manger, you will support the National Head for Service Transformation in successfully leading and co-ordinating service improvement work streams of national and political importance.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the local project team to bring about improvements in specialised clinical services;
- Planning, managing and reporting on implementation to both the regional and national colleagues;
- Building strong relationships with both the national and regional teams;
- Ensuring the work aligns to the wider STP agenda and that the local plans are supported by local clinical leaders;
- Understanding, co-ordinating and critically appraising data analysis relating to specialised clinical services.
The successful applicant will be someone with a background in managing high value and sensitive programmes within a healthcare setting. You will ideally come from within the NHS or from a healthcare consultancy background. Applicants should be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information and negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues. You should be confident enough to present this type of information to large and influential groups. The successful applicant will be a problem-solver and someone who can adapt and respond quickly to sudden and unexpected demands. Finally, you will be a strategic thinker and will be able to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise.