Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting on behalf of an established NHs organisation for a specialist skillset to act as an analyst, working within the team to drive improvements both within finance and across the organisations supporting the enhanced understanding of PLIC’s and SLR data, driving the use of data to deliver efficiency and transformation.
Key responsibilities of the Interim Accountant:
- Responsible for the ongoing production of Service Line reporting information, ensuring that data is produced in an accurate and timely manner and the outputs are embedded within the financial reporting structures
- Develop and maintain links with the health informatics directorate to support the ongoing development of integrated reporting systems by ensuring that finance and activity information is aligned to service lines and contractual commitments
- Line manage the income accountant ensuring that all clinical income is captured. calculated and reported in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain detailed reconciliations of clinical income ensuring all contractual changes are clearly aligned to services and costs of delivery
- Lead an independent review of other non-patient income reported across the organisation, ensuring the financial reporting across the divisional teams is accurate and in line with accounting standards
- Provide support to the contracting function with the development and maintenance of a contracts register across the organisation
- Understand and interpret new guidance, act upon it and develop systems to implement this both within the finance department and in other departments across the organisation
- Take an active role in the development of local tariffs, utilising the organisations data as well as benchmarking from various sources
Required skills and experience of the Interim Accountant:
It is essential that you have extensive experience within a busy finance department, gaining a practical understanding of costing principles and income reporting. You will have worked on the following: top down and bottom up costing techniques, methodologies for apportionment of costs, programme budgeting, reference costs and you will have experience of working collaboratively in a team of finance professionals
You will have excellent verbal, written and face to face communication skills, you will be able to work in a systematic way and you will be able to articulate complex information.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Interim Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.