Sellick Partnership are recruiting on behalf of an NHS organisation, within Greater Manchester, for an interim Finance Manager, to support the Head of Finance to provide a comprehensive budgetary control, financial planning and advisory service to service directors and manager to enable the delivery financial balance and participate in the business planning process and service developments. As a senior accountant within the department, this role will not only include the management accounting responsibility for the directorate but will require the post holder to be a direct line manager to the management accountants.
Day to day duties include:
- Lead on the annual budget setting process across the relevant division ensuring robust financial plans are established in line with agreed timetables, identifying threats to financial viability and escalating to the Head of Finance and Service Leads in a timely manner
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts and forecast position ensuring the accounts are prepared in line with the organisations internal policies
- Responsible for introducing, adapting and improving financial systems within own area of responsibility and extending this to the wider finance team, ensuring thaty the department remains fit for purpose and supporting the programme for continuous improvement
- Plan and organise month end procedures with Management Accountants formulating and adjusting plans to ensure that reporting is timely and consistent
- Maintain controls and reconciliations to ensure the integrity of assessments, accruals
- Work closely with the finance colleagues to ensure consistency of service provision across the finance department
- To participate in working projects, taking the financial lead, analysing, comparing and interpreting highly complex financial information
- Lead in the development and review of divisional budgets, in year maintenance and annual budget setting exercise
- Create and generate reports using excel spreadsheets and databases to communicate financial information to managers on a regular basis
It is essential for this post, for you to hold a CCAB qualification, with exposure at a middle manager level, within the NHS. You need to have in depth experience of managing a management accounts reporting cycle and have experience of implementing change within a team.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this Directorate Manager role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.