5 x Deputy Finance Business Partner
Deputy Finance Business Partner
£57,246 – £66,105 plus excellent benefits
Metropolitan Police exist to make life in London safer for all the people they serve. Their vision is to make London the safest global city, be the best crime-fighters, by any measure, earn the trust and confidence of every community and take pride in the quality of their service. They are going through huge change currently, with an ambitious transformation project that’ll improve the way they work, and the way they police. The finance department is playing a key role in this and they are looking to recruit five Deputy Business Partners to support this.
The Deputy Finance Business Partners play a crucial role across their business groups, helping them achieve value for money, supporting decision making and implementing the financial strategy across the organisation. The roles will provide insight, challenge and professional analytical support at both strategic and operational levels, identifying options to drive continuous cost reductions and performance improvement.
- Providing the MPS Executive with value added and timely analysis, proposing options to ensure the organisation achieves its goals, whilst continually reducing costs and transforming services.
- Building strong relationships with the Business Groupsin order to influence and deliver value for the MPS through the implementation of the financial strategy.
- Providing support for projects including business and strategic planning, investment appraisals, acquisitions, disposals and contract bids.
- Assisting the Strategic Finance Business Partner and Strategic and Corporate Finance in producing and managing the group budget and strategic plan process.
- Developing analytics that support the tracking of operational demand so that Business Groups can effectively introduce demand management mechanisms.
To be suitable for the role you need to be a motivated, forward thinking and determined qualified accountant with the ability to influence and challenge. A proven track record of driving through change and influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders within a complex organisation is essential.
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9635. To apply, please send your CV and supporting statement (A maximum of 2 pages) to email@example.com by Wednesday 18th July.