Administrator, Finance and Staff
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives.
Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university : one unbound by ivory towers and sandstone walls.
Rather, we are focused on fostering collaboration between students, academics, industry and society, encouraging all to traverse the boundaries of their own perspective and affect change.
Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. A place of constant stimulus and human interaction.
Together, we advance world-class theoretical thinking and translate it into real-world solutions. We’re connecting people across the most diverse fields of knowledge to create bold new possibilities : for their careers, intellectual endeavours, enterprises and the common good.
At Macquarie, people become skilled at switching between specialist and generalist mindsets; mastering complexity, thinking holistically and helping to create a better future.
Where you will work
Macquarie University’s Faculty of Science and Engineering is undergoing a dynamic period of growth. It currently consists of a new School of Engineering, nine departments and from 1 July 2018, Macquarie will be the new home for the instrumentation group of the Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO).
This position is a newly created finance and staff administration role working in and supporting the instrumentation group through it’s transition to Macquarie University and beyond.
Initially reporting to the Operations Manager and located at the AAO Offices in North Ryde, as the successful candidate you will provide high level financial and administrative support across the full AAO Instrumentation groups scope of activities, projects and initiatives.
You will also :
- Provide administration, project and finance support for the transition of operations from AAO to Macquarie University
- Provide administrative services and support in relation to the financial aspects of the AAO Instrumentation group including operating funds, project accounts, research funds, accounts receivable, purchasing and asset management
- Coordinate and administer activities across the full staff lifecycle including staffing budgets, alignment of recruitment activities to employment policies, onboarding, probation, leave and termination
- Undertake data analysis and prepare reports or documentation for internal or external reporting or decision making purposes including preparing regular financial reporting for the Operations Manager on expenditure
- Review all general ledger and project accounts and amend or report on anomalies, as well as ongoing accounts payable, purchasing and journal entry work
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the following experience and / or knowledge in your CV and cover letter :
- A degree in business, finance or a related discipline and sound relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and / or implement or contribute to the development and improvement of processes or initiatives by reviewing procedures, making recommendations and implementing and communicating outcomes.
- Working knowledge of finance and budgeting principles in conjunction with a solid track record in administrating budgets and preparing reports
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of time management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of and good experience working with systems and databases
- Contributing to the implementation of administration or operational changes in an department or work group
For further information regarding this role please view the Position Description
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Salary Package : from $81,434 - $89,889 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type : Full time, 3 year fixed term
Role Enquiries : Neville Legg, Operations Manager via e-mail Neville.legg aao.gov.au
General Recruitment enquries : Katherine Rodionoff, HR Consultant via e-mail Katherine.rodionoff mq.edu.au
Applications Close : Sunday, 24 June 2018 at 11 : 55pm AEST
- Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability;
women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.