Assistant Director - Corporate Finance
Brief Description of your job, its main purpose and major tasks:-
Accountable to the Director of Finance and Business Support for the provision of high class corporate finance and accountancy services for the Chief Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner.
Role Specific Tasks
1. To assume responsibility under the guidance of the Director of Finance/Business Support for effective service delivery in relation to the Corporate Finance Function.
2. To provide strategic/tactical support to the Director of Finance/Business Support in relation to the financial management of the organisation and ensure compliance with statutory regulations, guidance and accounting requirements.
3. Responsible for the delivery of robust financial management arrangements including detailed budget setting, systems and timely financial reporting.
4. Responsible for delivering against the agreed closure of accounts plan in accordance with statutory requirements and timeframes.
5. Proactively seek out value for money improvements in relation Force activities and compile / report upon delivery against the Chief Constable’s efficiency plan.
6. To attend the Joint Audit Committee and ensure the timely preparation of papers. To ensure timely completion of audit recommendations and monitor delivery against Internal Audit plan timescales.
7. To oversee the completion of the Commissioner’ Treasury Management policy and ensure compliance.
8. To ensure that Forces Financial policies and procedures are regularly updated and provide an appropriate framework for financial control and compliance with VAT, tax and Police Regulation requirements.
9. To advise on the adequacy of the Corporate Governance Framework in providing financial assurance and timely devolved decision making.
10. To represent the Finance Function at Force Governance meetings and deputise in the absence of the Director of Finance/Business Support.
11. To provide regular financial advice/support to assist budget holders / project managers including in relation to charging arrangements and the financial aspects of Business Cases / option appraisals.
12. To provide challenge and financial oversight of charging and accounting arrangement for planned and existing collaborative ventures.
Role Generic Tasks
1. To be responsible for implementing long-term strategic development across a specialist or professional area and/or in a significant strategic function of the force.
2. To regularly give advice and influence at senior levels of the organisation.
3. To lead a functional area including the shaping of the long term strategic direction of an area of activity.
4. To be accountable for the service delivery and compliance of their function and have a significant influence upon the structure and development of their area of activity.
5. To provide day to day line management of employees, including the proactive management of workplace health and wellbeing.
6. To be responsible for employee conduct, performance and attendance matters in adherence to Force policy.