Leicestershire County Council is one of the best performing councils in the country. We've achieved several decades of high performances, with our success recognised by national Government, industry awards and our residents.
We are looking to recruit a Technical Accountant – Pensions and Treasury Management.
Career graded salary ranges: £31,464 to £38,631 (including professional accountancy training) The post holder will:
- Manage the overall Pension Fund accounting requirements and production of the financial statements
- Ensure that overall asset allocation of the Pension Fund is in line with the asset allocation strategy
- Oversee Treasury Management and Contract Vetting for the County Council
- Ensure financial integrity of the general ledger through effective reconciliations and internal controls
- Work with the Pension’s Manager on the tri annual Pension Fund valuation
Due to the nature of the role having significant technical accounting content we are looking for applicants who have a good level of accounting experience.
We will provide the successful candidate with professional accounting study support to enhance their required skills. This will also be beneficial to the post holder, as it will provide greater flexibility in their future career options.
Applications are invited from candidates with suitable experience and qualifications who meet the person specification.
For informal enquiries please contact Jason Firth, Technical Accounting Team Manager on Tel: 0116 3057627.