Senior Contracts Manager
The Royal Marsden Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive cancer centre in Europe, treating over 50,000 NHS and private patients every year. Along with it academic partner, The Institute of Cancer Research, the Royal Marsden provides ground-breaking research and pioneers the latest in cancer technologies and education.
The Trust is formed of two main hospitals: Chelsea and Sutton, and have various community centres dotted around the South of London and Surrey.
The Senior Contracts Manager is an exciting role to be joining The Royal Marsden for. You will be directly supporting the Associate Director of Finance for Income and Commissioning Relations in the management of a defined contract portfolio which total in excess of £160m. The contract portfolio includes CCG, NHS England, Community and Provider to Provider.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the Trust’s contract database, ensuring the contracts are valid, negotiated with the best possible terms for the Trust and that contract income is maximised;
- Interpreting, implementing and contributing to the development of policies, procedures and process for contract development, contract negotiations and activity reporting;
- Processing and reporting SLAM data and providing activity reports to NHS Commissioners on a monthly basis;
- Developing and sustaining appropriate and effective relationships with key stakeholders and ensuring timely and coordinated responses on any issues raised;
- Leading on the development of data quality with reference to activity reporting and income maximisation.
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level, undergraduates or masters and be able to demonstrate evidence and extensive experience in NHS Contracts and commissioning. You will ideally come from an NHS background and will have a thorough understanding of the NHS’ strategic directions. Applicants will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, including the ability to present arguments and explain highly complex technical issues in clear and concise terms. You will also have good written communication skills and be confident in producing a range of documents on sensitive or contentious issues. You will be able to lead and motivate others, establish credibility and be able to persuade and influence senior stakeholders. Finally, the successful applicant will be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.