Head of Finance Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT)
The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that protects wetlands for wildlife and people. We conserve, restore and create wetlands, are pioneers in saving wetlands and inspire everyone to value what healthy wetlands can do for people and nature.
WWT have ten beautifully located sites across the UK all providing exceptional access to nature and the organisation also has ambitious international plans for the future as well as the exciting project to redevelop the Slimbridge centre – Slimbridge 2020!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced, professional and highly motivated Head of Finance. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Support Services and working closely with other board directors and senior managers across the organisation, you will play a pivotal role in the leadership of the finance function, the review of ad hoc projects and influence commercial plans and decisions for the £22 million turnover charity.
Specific duties include:
- Lead on and review the five-year financial plan which supports the strategic aims of the charity
- Review and monitor all consolidated monthly and annual accounts ensuring all statutory obligations are met
- Manage a small finance team ensuring all financial controls and obligations are attended to and key financial messages are communicated to the wider business
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Support Services contributing fully to any ad hoc projects and strategic business as well as business as usual
To join WWT as the Head of Finance you will need:
- To be a qualified accountant with significant experience in a financial leadership role and have proven business / commercial awareness ideally from within a charity
- To be continually looking for improvements in all areas of finance developing innovate ways to improve service delivery and working under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
- Proven people management skills, be an excellent team player and will understand the importance of good relationships with financial and non-financial managers alike
What’s on offer?
In return for your hard work and dedication you will enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care voucher scheme
Closing date 8th July
Interview date wc 25th July