I am recruiting for one of our Local Government clients who are looking for a Qualified Audit Manager on a contract basis.
With the overall responsibility as the Audit Manager for both district councils and the principal professional adviser to both Councils on internal audit and risk management matters. The post holder will have the responsibility of managing the Internal Audit team and provide an effective service that adds value to both Councils.
- Responsible for the planning, direction and control of the internal audit service for both Councils in accordance with professional best practice.
- Providing a shared internal audit service which assists both Councils in achieving their objectives
- Manage the team in a climate of continuous improvement and change.
- Responsible for both Councils’ Risk Strategies including providing advice and guidance in respect of risk management and other corporate guidance and ensuring that the Strategic Risk Registers are kept up to date.
- Producing the risk based Annual Audit Plan in conjunction with the Audit Universe determined for each Council.
- Supervising and organising the staff in the team.
- Liaising with the external auditors.
- Carrying out any other related duties as may be directed from time to time by the Chief Finance Officer (SDC) or Financial Services Manager (DBC).
Membership of relevant professional body (CCAB, CIMA, IIA)
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.