Finance Business Partner (People) 0.5FTE
Following a re-structure, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time (0.5 FTE) post within the Accountancy team at Newport City Council. Reporting to the Lead Finance Business Partner (LFBP) and Strategic Finance Business Partner (SFBP), this post will support the LFBP and SFBP in providing a comprehensive and robust finance business partnering service to the People directorate, which includes Adults & Children’s services.
It provides genuine significant scope to further develop your career, both professionally and personally. The postholder will:
- Provide financial support to Budget and Service Managers and other staff involved in financial transactions to enable tight budgetary control.
- Ensure that sufficient arrangements are in place to provide budget holders with all appropriate forecasting models and advice
- Ensure officers, management teams and members are provided with high quality advice and direction to make well-informed decisions that will have a financial impact on the Council.
- Ensure that all regular finance processes/tasks are completed consistently and in line with the operating model in place across the Council.
- Identify budget risk areas and develop appropriate financial models and tools to enable budget holders to manage budgets through linking activity to budgets and spend.
- Deputising for the SFBP as required
We offer a wide range of Company benefits, including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 37-hour week for all full-time staff (18.5 hours for 0.5 FTE) with option to access flexitime arrangements
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 29 days after five years' service and 32 after ten.
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Benefits: Vectis card, childcare vouchers, cycle purchase and car benefit schemes
- Access to a Credit Union
- On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools
Applicants will be required to be in possession of or studying towards an Intermediate or Professional Accounting qualification and have experience in dealing with budget and Service Managers. If you wish to discuss further please contact Owen James (Assistant Head of Finance) on 01633 210874.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd June 2018