An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pension Accountant to join our public sector client in Bexley.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Pensions Accountant you will undertake all accounting for the pension funds, ensuring that senior managers receive correct and consistent financial advice in relation to pensions fund accounting and investment decisions.
- To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committees and Pensions Boards
- To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committees and Pension Boards of the three councils
- Perform cashflow forecasting and risk management of the Pension Fund’s expenditure and income streams
- To support the production of the pensions schemes annual reports
- To carry out all reconciliations of the dedicated pension fund bank account in accordance with regulations and any treasury activity in relation to the fund on a timely and accurate basis
- Provide training to other members of the Finance team in the provision of pension fund accounting and investment activities
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualified accountant or relevant knowledge gained through experience in LGPS finance.
- Knowledge of Pension Fund accounting
- Ability to interpret financial data/information, apply logic and judgement
- Proven proactive approach to work, including identifying and resolving problems/issues
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.