Pension Fund Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Pension Fund Manager to join our public sector client in Bexley.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a pensions manager you will be directly responsible for the client’s pension committee, leading policies, activities and service improvements required to deliver their pensions strategy. You will manage the work and effectiveness of the pension scheme function as well as managing up to two members of staff.
- To manage pension committee and local pension board agendas, prepare and present reports on all aspects of the pension schemes
- To develop the pension strategies and blended treasury/pension strategies for partner authorities
- To work effectively with committees, boards, advisers actuaries external bodies and colleagues
- To ensure preparation of pension schemes accounts meet all accounting and statutory requirements on timely basis
- To prepare timely management information on the pension schemes performance
- To ensure pension schemes’ investments are properly executed and a process is in place to effectively record, confirm, settle and account for the transactions
- To supervise the production of financial information at borough level for the completion of the pension scheme accounts for approval by the appropriate bodies;
Knowledge and Experience
- CCAB qualified accountant or extensive experience in LGPS finance at a senior level
- Knowledge of Pension Fund accounting
- Knowledge of financial and money markets and investment management experience in the public, private or voluntary sector
- Experience of senior level finance work in a public organisation.
- Experience of managing and developing Pensions Fund strategies within a local government setting
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.