Financial Reporting Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Reporting Accountant to join our public sector client in Bexley.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Financial Reporting Accountant you will be directly responsible for the coordination of the closedown programme, production of the annual statement of accounts and management of the external audit process. The role also involves project management responsibility for finance staff across all functional teams in order to carry out the financial control activities and related matters.
- To lead the nominated Council’s annual closure of accounts procedures, keeping budget holders fully informed of deadlines and information requirements in line with corporate guidelines
- To participate actively in the annual audit of accounts process, being a key contact for external auditors, replying to queries raised and responding proactively to audit recommendations
- Provides corporate guidance on the impact of spending plans on the VAT partial exemption
- To keep fully informed of the latest developments in respect of financial legislation/accountancy regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards
- To prepare reports for officers and Members on all financial planning and budgeting issues up to and including the annual report setting the Council Tax.
- To ensure capital and revenue closedown are fully integrated.
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of financial planning and budgeting in local authorities
- Experience of using finance based computer applications
- Proven strategic perspective and organisational awareness
- Proven capability to invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.