An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Partner to implement the business partnering function for the specified service area within the relevant council. The role is pivotal in supporting all aspects of financial advice and requires flexibility with working across 3 different boroughs.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Business Partner you will act as a partner with the service leadership teams to develop, challenge and support service plans and project delivery and take responsibility for managing and reporting on operational performance for the business partnering team. You will work to ensure that finance staff deliver to customers in an efficient manner, within a professional business framework.
- To manage staff on a daily basis
- To proactively lead the financial advice and support to the defined service area particularly with reference to delivering savings
- To work with services to ensure the accuracy of information input to systems and proper responses to system outputs.
- To be customer-focussed and to develop self-service underpinned by reducing finance support
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of financial planning and budgeting in local authorities
- Senior management experience
- Experience of using finance based computer applications
- Proven strategic perspective and organisational awareness
- Proven capability to invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.