Strategic Business Partner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Strategic Business Partner, based in Havering, to lead and implement the business partnering function for the specified service area. The role is pivotal in supporting all aspects of financial advice and required flexibility with working across two other sites.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Strategic Business Partner you will proactively lead the financial advice and support within Business Partnering across the partner companies, particularly with reference to delivering savings and maximising service outcomes to residents. You will act as a partner with the service leadership teams to develop, challenge and support service plans and project delivery and take responsibility for managing and reporting on operational performance for the business partnering team.
- Overall day to day responsibility for managing staff
- To ensure that financial information is relevant and balanced and is received by decision-takers at the appropriate level and in the appropriate form
- To proactively identify areas of weak financial management, risks and pressures and to work with the relevant service to improve them
- To collaborate with stakeholders to proactively identify areas where finance can add value
- To ensure effective financial support to programmes and projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of financial planning and budgeting in local authorities
- Senior management experience
- Experience of using finance based computer applications
- Proven strategic perspective and organisational awareness
- Proven capability to invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.