Corporate Management Accountant
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corporate Management Accountant to lead and manage our client’s financial planning function to deliver a high quality, cost effective and timely service.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a Corporate Management Accountant you will be responsible for the development of a financial strategy which reflects the Council’s corporate strategy. You will ensure co-ordination of revenue and capital monitoring and will develop corporate ratios and performance management measures and tools. Working directly with the Financial Strategy Manager, you will ensure the council has an integrated approach to strategic financial to support the delivery of outcomes.
- To prepare reports for officers and Members on all financial planning and budgeting issues, including the annual report setting the Council Tax
- To ensure capital and revenue planning are fully integrated
- To provide advice and support to members on the full range of issues within the scope of the job
- To lead projects and plans for resources required to deliver
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of financial planning and budgeting in local authorities
- Experience of using finance based computer applications
- Proven strategic perspective and organisational awareness
- Proven capability to invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.