Financial Strategy Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Strategy Manager to lead and manage our client’s financial planning function to deliver a high quality, cost effective and timely service.
Our client provides shared support services for 3 local authorities in London and is committed to and champions equality and diversity in all aspects of employment and service provision.
As a financial strategy manager you will be responsible for the development of the clients financial strategy, capital strategy, financial planning, revenue budget and capital programme. Working directly with the Director of finance to develop a financial strategy and annual budget report. You will also have project management responsibility for finance staff across all functional teams in order to carry out the strategic finance function and related matters.
- To prepare reports for officers and Members on all financial planning and budgeting issues, including the annual report setting the Council Tax
- To complete budget and capital programmes which take account of cost drivers and provide a sound basis for managers to monitor their own budgets
- To be the lead on interface with external bodies such as London Councils
- To maintain an expertise and keep up-to-date on all developments and legislative changes impacting on local government finance
- To ensure capital and revenue planning are fully integrated.
- To collaborate with stakeholders to proactively identify areas where finance can add value
Knowledge and Experience
- CIPFA or equivalent qualification
- Previous senior management experience in a local authority or public sector organisation
- Experience of using finance based computer applications
- Proven strategic perspective and organisational awareness
- Proven capability to invests in people and skills to deliver a sustainable business
If this exciting role sounds appealing and above details match your experience, apply now and we would be in touch as soon as possible to take this forward.