Finance Officer wanted for a prestigious and recognised charity based in Central London. The role will be a 6 month Fixted term contract initially paying £31,000 per annum.
The role will be providing support to the Financial Accountant on the payment management side (local and international). The role will involve posting financial transactions onto the accounting system (SUN). The ideal candidate will also need experience in doing related reconciliations as part of their reporting duties.
- Processing invoices from both suppliers and customers, dealing with expenses claims, receipts , cash fees and posting them to the ledger.
- Using SunSystems on a regular basis in order to import the fundraising database file.
- Preparing the income bank reconciliation spreadsheet and reconcile to SalesForce.
- Checking the detail of the country branches accounts and prepare reconciliations, reporting discrepancies to Financial Accountant.
- Providing the budget holders with information regarding any transaction.
- Prividing assistance to the the Financial Accountant in meeting ad-hoc accounting requirements within the organisation.
- Using various excel spreadsheets, in particular for restricted funds and grant monitoring.
- Assisting in the year end accounts preparation and external audit process.
Qualifications and experienced required:
- The post holder will be AAT qualified
- Two year’s experience of working within a finance department
- Experience working with a networked accounting system
- Experience of working in an international not for profit organisation
- Focussed and with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of Sage and SunSystems
- Charity accounting knowledge desirable
What’s on offer?