Finance Business Partner (Children)
The Finance Business Partner will report to a Senior Finance Business Partner, working as part of the team collectively responsible for the move towards the new Business Partnering model that is being implemented. They will provide financial insight, advice and provide support across the Council services.
What you will do:
- Working closely with all stakeholders providing strategic financial insight, intelligence and support needed, as well as assessing situations from a commercial, business and financial perspective
- Ensuring finance is positioned to be proactive and creative, looking for ways to advise, shape and influence commissioning and service decisions
- Promoting, developing and embedding the business partnering approach across the Council
- Liaising regularly with London Borough of Barnet Finance to understand their requirements
Your experience will include:
- Fully qualified or part qualified Accountant
- Commercially aware accountant with experience of developing productive, trusted and positive stakeholder relationships.
- You will need to possess the enthusiasm, energy and drive to be an integral part of the team that will lead on the move towards a true business partnering approach.
- You should have practical knowledge and experience of Children Services accounting, including;
- Supporting stakeholders by carrying out financial performance management and supporting the business planning process.
- The ability to use statistical data including trend analysis in order to help the service manage demand.
- Driving efficiencies by using benchmarking and financial modelling.
About Capita – Local Government Services (Barnet)
Barnet residents and taxpayers expect high quality, flexible and responsive public services for themselves, their families and their communities. To assist with this, Barnet have moved away from the traditional model of providing services ‘in house’ through a number of directorate silos, to a ‘mixed economy’ of services taken from the public, private and voluntary sectors, with the aim of securing the best deal for their residents. In 2013 Barnet Council awarded Capita a 10 year contract to run the council’s main internal support services, including finance, HR, IT and estates.
The contract has already delivered significant benefit to the borough, with overall savings of £31 million achieved alongside increased resident satisfaction. To help continue with and improve the service Capita are providing to Barnet, they have restructured the finance team supporting the council and are now recruiting for a number of dedicated finance professionals focused on customer service and adding value.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th June. However we actively encourage candidates to apply before the closing date
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07808 010672 for guidance. A full Job description and person specification is available on request.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |