Head of Strategic Finance - Cabinet Office
Head of Strategic Finance – The Cabinet Office
The Head of Strategic Finance is responsible for developing longer-term financial plans for the department ensuring the optimum allocation of funding to the department’s key priorities while maintaining short-term and long-term financial commitments within the agreed settlement. Along with other functional leads, the job also provides insightful and regular analysis of the department’s performance for reporting to the Executive Committee and Board.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the impact of fiscal events so that HMT officials are well briefed and informed of the impact on the department and its response.
- Leading on the delivery of longer-term business plans that supports the department in the delivery of its aims and targets.
- Playing a key role in the preparation and completion of departmental Spending Reviews.
- Ensuring that the departments funding settlement is fully understood and explained so that departmental spending can be maintained within control totals at all times.
- Leading on performance reporting to the Executive Committee and Cabinet Office Board coordinating with Strategy and HR staff on the development and improvements in analysis and content.
Key Skills & Experience:
- CCAB, or equivalent, qualified (or with considerable financial/ commercial experience and/or the ability to gain formal CCAB qualifications within a reasonable time.)
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a finance or strategy role.
- Some knowledge of government finance and the operation of fiscal events
- Well-developed communication, presentation, relationship management influencing and negotiation skills including an ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- A high level of competence in budget management, planning, forecasting and risk identification combined with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical accounting skills across a wide range of financial disciplines and a proven ability to apply them effectively.
For more information on the role & the Cabinet Office please visit the following site - http://bit.ly/AllenLaneCabinetOffice