EU Exit Accountant – RPA Finance Team supporting EU Exit Senior Executive Officer
EU Exit Accountant – RPA Finance Team supporting EU Exit
Senior Executive Officer
2 year fixed-term appointment with potential for extension or permanency
Support the UK’s farming and fishing industries with your solid financial acumen.
We are immersed in an exciting period of change. At the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), our work ranges from supporting the UK’s world-leading food, farming and fishing industries to protecting the environment and providing robust defences against natural threats. Leaving the EU will fundamentally transform the work we do and how we deliver it. We’re embracing this opportunity to become even more efficient, focused and innovative. Join us, and you will be at the heart of this change. You will help us to secure a more sustainable future for the UK and the people who call it home.
Our work is high-profile and fast-paced, and it is underpinned by key decisions made by the Defra group Finance function. We are currently going through an exciting period of change as we bring together a number of different teams into one unit. As such, we are looking for Finance professionals who will support the department in managing the significant activities impacted by EU exit. You will therefore:
- Join Defra’s large accounting community in planning for any financial consequences resulting from EU departure.
- Work on challenges that will impact on the UK’s fishing and farming industries.
- Support the team’s work to manage and deliver sustainable financial solutions to the Rural Payments Agency in projects relating to EU exit.
- Analyse and report on costs derived from EU exit.
- Take on management accounting and develop processes that will support the transition to an exchequer-funded business model.
- Draft technical accounting policy papers and provide analysis of agency spend, budgets and forecasts.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of an important period of transformation. To thrive in this role, you will be a qualified or part-qualified Accountant with experience of supporting a large team. You will also have outstanding communication skills and the confidence to translate complex financial data into easily understandable information. As a key member of our friendly team, you will enjoy a dynamic working environment in which your professional and personal wellbeing will be taken care of. Our benefits include generous annual leave, a contributory pension, staff bonuses and recognition, salary sacrifice benefit options, and an employee discount scheme. We also offer flexible working, and a variety of learning and development opportunities through the Civil Service Learning site.