Finance Business Partner – RPA Finance Team supporting EU Exit Grade 7
Finance Business Partner – RPA Finance Team supporting EU Exit
2 year fixed-term appointment with potential for extension or permanency
Secure the financial security of the UK’s farming and fishing industries.
With large and wide-ranging responsibilities, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) works collaboratively to protect the environment and maintain and grow the rural economy. Our work is complex, far-reaching and vital; and the UK’s impending exit from the EU continues to set us absorbing challenges. Join us and you will contribute to the development of new approaches and be at the heart of this change which will affect millions of people across the country. This is a career-defining opportunity that offers networking and professional development.
The Defra group Finance function is going through an exciting period of change as we are bringing together a number of different teams into one unit. This will help us to support the department in managing the significant activities impacted by EU exit. We are looking for Finance professionals who will:
- Work across a variety of high-profile projects to deliver exceptional financial advice and solutions.
- Provide guidance to Defra managers working on complex EU exit programmes.
- Support the team’s work to manage and deliver sustainable financial solutions to the Rural Payment Agency during this period of change.
- Support the effective use of the public’s money through meticulous debt recovery, cash forecasting and delivery of payment profiles.
- Support the smooth transition to post-EU exit finance schemes.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of an important period of transformation. As such, you will need to be a team-player with the ability to explain complex financial scenarios and translate complex financial data into easily understandable information
As a qualified Accountant, it would be ideal if you have some government experience – though it is more important that you are able to adapt to change. Against the backdrop of our friendly and supportive working environment, we aim to support the professional and personal wellbeing of everyone in Defra. Our benefits include generous annual leave, a contributory pension, staff bonuses and recognition, salary sacrifice benefit options, and an employee discount scheme. We also offer flexible working and a variety of learning and development opportunities.
Closing date: 16 April 2018.