Interim Pensions Manager
I am recruiting an interim Pensions Manager for a London based Local Authority with immediate effect – interviews will be held next week.
With direct responsibility for the Authority’ Pensions Committee/Board and overall day to day responsibility for managing 2 staff, the successful candidate will be a CCAB qualified accountant with extensive experience in LGPS finance at a senior level.
The key skills sought by my client are:
- Knowledge of the local government finance system and the key influences on the strategic finances of the authority
- Knowledge of Pension Fund accounting
- Good communication influencing and presentation skills
- Experience of managing and developing Pensions Fund strategies within a local government setting
- Experience of working in a political environment
- Senior management experience
- Delivery of significant change programmes
- Knowledge of financial and money markets and investment management experience in the public, private or voluntary sector
- Experience of senior level finance work in a public organisation
- An understanding of constitutional and business processes in Local Government
Day to day activities include but are not limited to:
- To manage pension committee and local pension board agendas, prepare and present reports such that committee/board members receive sufficient information on all aspects of the pension schemes activities to enable them to discharge all of their responsibilities effectively;
- To deliver the pension schemes investment strategies, funding strategies and regulatory compliance;
- To identify and address committee/board member training and development requirements in accordance with best practice so that they can discharge their duties effectively.
- To work effectively with committees, boards, advisers actuaries external bodies and colleagues;
- To explore opportunities to blend strategies involving treasury and pension scheme investments;
- To undertake research and analysis/interpretation of consultations/changes to policy and developments in LGPS legislation/guidance and advise accordingly;
- To source the best investment opportunities, in line with risk appetites
- To ensure that all pension schemes investment/financial activity is accounted/budgeted for and reported correctly/timely and that necessary policy, procedures, legislative and other requirements are adhered to;
- To ensure preparation of pension schemes accounts meet all accounting and statutory requirements on timely basis;
This is an interesting role with a broad remit – please contact me directly for a full JD and more details!