Interim Pensions Accountant
I am recruiting for a Pensions Accountant on an interim basis for a period of 6 months, while the Council recruits on a permanent basis to undertake all accounting for the Pension Fund, complying with statutory requirements.
You will be required to ensure that senior managers and members receive correct and consistent financial advice in relation to pension fund accounting and investment decisions, financial frameworks, policies and legislation, and will have prior experience of working in Local Authorities in a financial accounting/pension accounting capacity.
You will also have responsibility for and be required:
- To undertake proper accounting for all Pension Fund transactions
- To prepare all Pension Fund accounts, their submission to audit and to deal with audit queries as part of the closure of accounts process
- To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committee and Pension Board
- To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committee and Pensions Board
- To work with investment advisers on fund manager monitoring reports.
- To support the wider aspects of the closure of accounts process ensuring relevant guidance and legislation are adhered to
- To support the relevant aspects of the budget development and strategy processes
- To develop complex forecasting and modelling tools
- Undertake the impact assessment of complex reports, policies and procedures
- Perform cashflow forecasting and risk management of the Pension Fund’s expenditure and income streams.
- To support the production of the pensions schemes annual reports
The successful candidate will be part qualified as a minimum, have good knowledge of pension fund accounting and be able to demonstrate where they have worked in LGPS finance in previous roles with an ability to interpret financial data/information, applying logic and judgement as required.