Interim AD of Finance
I am recruiting for an interim AD of Finance who will report into the Director of Finance, running a team of 15 via 3 direct reports.
Leading the Finance Business Partners and Financial Control teams, you will ensure the efficient and timely production of the Accounts, taking the lead on senior stakeholder management and all technical accounting matters.
You will oversee the provision of financial support analysis, advice and guidance at all levels of the business, to support robust, value-adding decision making and delivery of strategic objectives, as well as monitoring spending, forecasting future spending and comparing it against limits set by Parliament to ensure there is no overspend and no significant underspend whilst securing value for money.
Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial and management accounting, information and analysis, plus liaising with/supporting negotiations with HM Treasury during Spending Reviews to ensure the organisation secures the resources necessary to meet its aims and strategy within the agreed framework is also a large part of this role.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified and have:
- Extensive experience in a senior finance role, including experience of budget management and statutory accounts process
- Experience of leading and managing Finance teams to ensure they successfully deliver goals and objectives.
- Experience of operating at a senior level, with exposure to Board and Executive Committee
- Experience of at least one of accounting for financial instruments or government finance reporting
- Experience of documenting and strengthening financial controls and processes.
- Experience of successfully delivering change
- Experience of identifying and successfully managing financial risk
- Experience of working in Financial Services
- Experience of working in Public Sector, particularly within the Central Government financial framework
- Experience of working in a high volume transaction environment
The organisation is looking for a strong leader, with the proven ability to lead and motivate teams – someone who has extensive and up-to-date specialist knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and principles and has excellent financial analysis skills, allowing them to interpret complex commercial information and determine the business implications for the Board will be of great interest to this small but forward thinking organisation.
This position is offered on a 6 month fixed term contract basis.