Senior Internal Auditor
Sellick Partnership are recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor for a client in Greater Manchester. The role will involve providing a lead role in the Internal Audit team to deliver excellent Internal Audit Services to the Group, through completion of quarterly and annual plans. You will be responsible for providing independent and objective assurance to the company’s senior management team and Board through undertaking audits designed to add value and improve operations to accomplish its objectives and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to the standards expected by the Senior Audit Manager and in keeping with the professional standards of The Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor
- Lead on delivery of the Internal Audit service to the Group Companies through the Annual Group Internal Audit plan and assigned audits across all business areas including planning, allocation, review and collation of work by other members of the team
- Complete internal audit assignments in accordance with agreed processes and standards, including strategic and risk based audits and those of a complex and/or technical nature
- Establishing contract compliance standards and evidence requirements for each funding contract/project and undertake work to ensure adherence to these requirements
- Build effective relationships with Directors and Senior Managers within the Group, liaising with and updating the Senior Management Team on risks and issues as appropriate
- Provide a key point of contact to the Senior Management Team for the interpretation of funding, contractual and legislative requirements
- Generate audit reports reflective of the audit work undertaken and including recommendations for improvements, ensuring reports provide independent, objective assurance to the audit committee on the design and operating effectiveness of the internal controls in place
- Produce reports that demonstrate progress and control of assigned quarterly and annual plans; referring requests for variances in agreed audit work for prior approval by audit management
Required skills and experience of the Senior Internal Auditor
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, or CCAB qualified
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- At least 5 years of audit experience preferably within Internal Audit
- Lead audit experience within the public sector and knowledge of public sector risk management and governance practices
- Comprehensive experience of leading and delivering internal audits to include those of a complex nature, using defined internal audit methodologies including risk based auditing
- Experience of grant funded project and their requirements
- Experience of managing multiple work assignments concurrently within an agreed plan and deliver to specified deadlines
This is fantastic opportunity to join a company with a fast-paced competitive culture with unrivalled opportunities, including study support you help you progress your career. Our client also offers excellent additional benefits.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.