Schools Finance Manager
School Improvement Liverpool are experts in education, with a firmly established reputation as one of the leading service providers in the North West.
We offer schools a superior service, delivering consultancy, training and professional development via our trusted and experienced team, who have proven track records of excellence and credibility.
Our aim is to challenge and enable schools and other settings to be the best they can be. We are dedicated to offering outstanding support to ensure every child and young person has the opportunity to develop, learn, achieve and excel.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Schools Finance Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and managing a specialist team the post holder will lead on all matters concerning the traded financial support to schools/academies and managing the statutory finance duties for maintained schools in Liverpool.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the management of the Schools Finance team including allocation of work, monitoring of workloads, performance management to ensure effective and efficient delivery of financial management and support to schools and other customer’s.
- Oversee the development of the Schools Finance function as a provider of business and commercial advice to Schools and other customers, thus helping them to make the most efficient use of resources, to make effective decisions and to support them in achieving continuous service improvement and maximise opportunities for income generation.
- Support the Chief Executive to ensure there is close liaison between the Schools Finance team and other Service teams in the provision of financial advice and broader support services.
- Support to Liverpool City Council to ensure that the Schools budget is prepared, the accounts are closed, all relevant returns and grant claims are completed in accordance with the relevant procedures and respective timescales.
- Lead in developing and implementing changes in Liverpool’s approach to its local schools Funding formula taking account of national policy changes, providing reports, financial models and implications of policy options to the city council. Attendance at Liverpool Schools Forum and key sub-groups.
- Oversee delivery of Finance traded services to schools as well as monitoring school’s satisfaction assessments.
- Contribute to the development of new services to schools having regard to any changes in national policy, school organisation and the individual needs of schools.
Qualifications and Training
Recognised accounting qualification (eg. CCAB or equivalent).
Evidence of continuing professional development.
Substantial experience in Schools Finance including School Funding formula, Scheme of Delegation to Schools and consultation thereof.
Substantial; experience of academy funding and accounting procedures.
Substantial experience in financial administration, particularly Accountancy (including financial appraisals), Financial Planning, External Funding and development of financial Strategies.
Experience of providing strategic and technical financial advice to an executive level within a highly complex and political organisation.
Awareness of the political, managerial and financial issues currently facing schools and related education support services.
Ability to recognise and respond to the wider service issues and objectives which the finance function seeks to support.
Highly developed analytical, interpretational and comparative skills capable of dealing with highly complex and sensitive information to support rational decision making.
- Ability to:
- enthuse and motivate others and develop effective partnerships
- work effectively under pressure, in a team to meet targets and deadlines
- work independently and as part of a team
- write clearly, concisely and correctly
- gain the confidence of staff and engender trust amongst colleagues
- able to work to the requirements of the accountability framework
Please apply by completing the attached application form and email to email@example.com.
CV's are not accepted