Finance Business Partner (Housing)
Barnet residents and taxpayers expect high quality, flexible and responsive public services for themselves, their families and their communities. To assist with this, Barnet have moved away from the traditional model of providing services ‘in house’ through a number of directorate silos, to a ‘mixed economy’ of services taken from the public, private and voluntary sectors, with the aim of securing the best deal for their residents. In 2013 Barnet Council awarded Capita a 10 year contract to run the council’s main internal support services, including finance, HR, IT and estates.
The contract has already delivered significant benefit to the borough, with overall savings of £31 million achieved alongside increased resident satisfaction. To help continue with and improve the service Capita are providing to Barnet, they have restructured the finance team supporting the council and are now recruiting for a number of dedicated finance professionals focused on customer service and adding value.
The Finance Business Partner will report to a Senior Finance Business Partner, working as part of the team collectively responsible for the move towards the new Business Partnering model that is being implemented. They will provide financial insight, advice and provide support across the Council services.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Business Partners will include;
- Working closely with all stakeholders providing strategic financial insight, intelligence and support needed, as well as assessing situations from a commercial, business and financial perspective
- Ensuring finance is positioned to be proactive and creative, looking for ways to advise, shape and influence commissioning and service decisions
- Promoting, developing and embedding the business partnering approach across the Council
- Liaising regularly with London Borough of Barnet Finance to understand their requirements
To be suitable for the role you will ideally be a fully qualified and commercially aware accountant, with experience of developing productive, trusted and positive stakeholder relationships. We will also consider applications from Part Qualified Accountants. You will need to possess the enthusiasm, energy and drive to be an integral part of the team that will lead on the move towards a true business partnering approach.
You should have practical knowledge and experience of Housing accounting, including
- HRA and Housing General Fund revenue and capital accounting
- Preparing the Housing Revenue Account Statement of Accounts
- Maintaining the Housing Business Plan
- Experience in reconciliations and completing HRA returns
If this role sounds interesting to you, please contact Ian Pack for an informal discussion on 07808 010672 or email email@example.com. A full Job description and person specification is available on request.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver