Financial Accountant - Central Government
Financial Accountant – Central Government
Salary - £40,828 - £47,484
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Government Department as a financial controller. The department has hugely important strategic objectives across a number of areas which are vastly important to the UK Economy. The role is based in the central Financial Accounting and Control team with a number of key responsibilities:
- Management, design, development and operation of the Core Department’s finance systems and underpinning processes.
- Financial control of the Core Department.
- Preparation of the DCMS Core Department and Departmental Group Accounts (consolidating over 40 Arm’s Length Bodies).
- Provision of sound technical financial advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing support to the Financial Controller in the preparation of the Core Department Accounts.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors to ensure all queries are dealt with promptly.
- The coordination and review of the reconciliation of the balance sheet and reconciling some key balance sheet accounts, including VAT and payroll control accounts.
- All VAT matters including provision of advice, reviewing the production of quarterly VAT returns and resolving any issues.
- Reviewing and processing journals into the financial system.
- Newly qualified accountant
- Development and delivery of process improvements
- Open to an audit/practice background
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent project management skills
- Good understanding of VAT
For more information about this role please get in touch with Tim Salmon – 02030319634 / Timsalmon@allenlane.co.uk