Allen Lane is recruiting an interim Finance Analyst for a high profile local authority based in central London.
This key post will support a project undertaking a full review of income and debtors. You will use excellent communication and interpersonal skills whilst carrying out the review leading to implementing appropriate recommendations and action plans.
As such, key person specification includes;
- Qualified accountant / qualified by experience
- Understanding of local authority services and in particular the various revenue and capital income streams and understanding of debt management
- Must be able to look for opportunities to implement continuous improvement so that this finance department can be best in class
- Must be able to produce sound and cost effective recommendations to improve processes and controls
- Anticipate and identify key financial issues and risks affecting the business which require attention, resolve issues with senior managers and identify mitigating actions to ensure net expenditure is within budget, escalate to finance management and other senior colleagues any business issues not resolved by service managers
- Assist with updating monthly income and debt reports
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics and are immediately available we would love to hear from you. Please note that applications will be reviewed prior to close date and as such immediate application is recommended.