Interim Head of Reconciliations
I am seeking an experienced Interim Head of Reconciliations with very good people management skills, to provide Reconciliations, Financial and Cash Management Services to a high standard for one of my Local Authority based clients.
Please see below for a breakdown of the duties of this post:
Manage and deliver a quality Reconciliations Service.
2. Transform the team’s performance and culture to recognise new ways of working and achieve high standards in Transactional Services.
3. Utilise specialist knowledge of interpreting and implementing relevant regulations and legislation as the Council’s expert on the areas of responsibility, including an understanding of complex current and historic law and precedents, with good understanding of other areas of responsibility.
4. Manage and maximise resources effectively and efficiently to deliver an efficient and effective service and achieve savings.
5. Seeks new business and growth and increases income where possible.
Specifically, you will be required:
1. To lead the provision of service for system reconciliations and control to ensure data integrity.
2. Lead on the control and reconciliation of all cash income to councils including the reconciliation of bank accounts, cash balances etc. and suspense accounts and cash management.
3. Manage the use and control of Councils and where appropriate other partners banking arrangements.
4. Lead on the closure of accounts ensuring the monitoring of reconciliation carried out to ensure integrity to the System.
5. To deliver appropriate and effective system administration including period and year end procedures.
6. Responsible for the relevant systems being reconciled to the general
CCAB part qualified minimum