Interim DSG Accountant (Dedicated Schools Grant)
I am seeking an experienced interim DSG Accountant to manage the dedicated schools grant for one of my Local Authority clients, with immediate effect.
Please see below for a breakdown of that which the role entails:
- Reconciliation of DSG 2016/17 closure for 60 Schools to review the funding gaps and changes requirements for 2017-18 budget settings and monitoring.
- Grants reconciliation, system corrections journals and Returns completion for 2016/17 to support on-going monitoring and meet application requirements.
- Mapping and reconciliations of system figures variances across Social Care and Schools finances, reporting the accurate financial position for 2016-17 year-end closure.
- De-delegation Analysis
- Growth Analysis
- Contingencies Analysis
- Liaisons with Schools Headteachers, Governors and Bursars for schools facing difficulties to arrange Licence Deficit applications and organise loans for strategic management signed-off.
- Organise and chair quarterly Bursars Briefing
- Organise and train new Governors
- Completion of the S251 form, using COLLECT to access the EFA site to upload permissions.