Interim Capital Finance Lead
A London Borough have a need for a Qualified Interim Financial lead on Capital
- To be responsible for all aspects of the authority's capital programme, including preparation of the capital budget, budget monitoring throughout the year. and closure of the Council's capital accounts. Ensure that efficient and effective information systems are in place, which promote accountability, performance management and continuous improvement.
- Identify and maximize the resources available to support service delivery and promote value for money. Provide advice and guidance on strategic financial issues and act as the department financial advisor on all aspects of the capital programme.
- To provide a professional, high quality and responsive finance service that supports and promotes efficient and effective service delivery in line with the council's objectives and priorities and those of the Council's s151 Officer. Promote sound financial management and control, and practices that. comply with the Council's Constitution including Financial Regulations, Accounting Codes of Practice and all relevant legislation guidance.
You will indirectly manage:
- 2 Capital Management Accountants
- Indirectly Support: Divisional Finance Teams, Financial Accountants, Corporate Service Centre staff.
- Work effectively as one of the Council's managers, delivering corporate objectives through the work of corporate services.
- To be responsible for all aspects of the authority's capital programme, including preparation of the capital budget, budget monitoring throughout the year, and closure of the Council's capital accounts.
- Provide accurate, timely and readily understood financial information to support budget holders in the management of their budgets and summary monitoring reports to the department's management teams and corporate finance
- Ensure that efficient and effective information systems are in place, which promote accountability, performance management and continuous improvement.
- Calculation and processing of all capital charges/transactions in accordance with relevant legislation
- Undertake financial modelling and resource identification for financial planning purposes
- Undertake analysis, as required, of business cases
- Alongside the Head of Financial Strategy & Accounting, take responsibility for strategic capital financial advice throughout the Council on all financial aspects of management of Charities particularly those duties arising from the Charities Act 1992.
- Provide financial management support, which promotes effective co-operation and partnerships with other functions, departments and agencies in the delivery of integrated services delivery.
- Assist the Finance Operations Manager in the development and implementation of strategies, policies, and procedures for all work strands of the Finance Service Centre in conjunction with key stakeholders and ensuring delivery against these.
- To develop effective working relationships with relevant customers and partners, including Members, Directors, Assistant Directors, Heads of Service, Strategic Finance Teams, Service Centre customers, Schools, other Local Authorities, Government Departments, other Council Service areas, relevant elected members and other relevant bodies. In particular ensure effective workflow management exists between the Finance Service Centre and Strategic Finance.