Finance Business Partner
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
We have recently restructured our finance team supporting the People Directorate and as a result, we now need to recruit a dynamic and proactive Finance Business Partner, who can build strong and effective relationships to enhance our People Finance Team.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, you will provide financial advice and challenge to the service and analyse and interpret complex financial data to support business options appraisals and other projects across the directorate.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will have a relevant accounting qualification and have proven experience in working with complex financial information and the ability to apply creative thinking to overcome challenges.
- Manage and provide financial advice and solutions to budget managers and the People directorate.
- Interpret and analyse complex financial and non-financial information from multiple data sources, communicating findings and providing recommendations to support decision making.
- Provide financial analysis to budget managers on revenue, capital and cash issues and projects.
- Develop and implement options to achieve balanced budgets and support the Council’s medium term financial savings plan.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (CIPFA, CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW).
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships with budget managers and other finance and Council colleagues.
- Experience of being involved in a medium term budget setting cycle and analysing and reporting financial issues.
- Experience in preparing, analysing and challenging complex information and data from multiple sources.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
Departmental Benefits of this role
- The opportunity to gain experience working across a number of dynamic and diverse areas supporting the People directorate.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates;
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years;
- Option to buy more annual leave;
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements;
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management;
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options;
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage;
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://goo.gl/D77KzC via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 21st January 2018
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.