Social Worker Mentor
SOCIAL WORKER (Mentor)
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Social Worker (Mentor), Social Services, within the Ministry of Health and Social Services, Government of Montserrat.
To assist in the planning and implementation of the Government of Montserrat’s (GOM’s) Social and Community programmes to improve the social, economic and emotional condition of all persons on Montserrat.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Hold case load responsibility for safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Coordinates and assist with the development and implementation of social and community programmes and interventions.
- Support and encourage learning amongst staff and in particular contribute to the practice development of newly social worker assistants.
- Work with Senior Social Workers in identifying and responding to specific learning themes and vulnerabilities within services areas.
- Liaise with local, regional and international organizations with respect to social development and protection.
- Develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate social and community based programmes and action plans in collaboration with Non-Governmental Organizations and community groups.
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of Corporate, Business, Operational Work Plans, and Disaster Preparedness Plans for the Department.
- Provide public education on Social Protection issues.
- Attend workshops and seminars pertaining to social development and Social protection issues.
- Monitor, assess and respond to all conventions, which place a social obligation on the Government of Montserrat
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
The applicants must:
- Have a Degree in Social Work
- Have Project Planning experience
- Have 5-10 years experience
- Be Computer literate
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have excellent mentoring and supervisory skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
Appointment will be made either on a contractual basis.
The total annual remuneration package for the post of Social Worker is EC $160,000 (taxable) per annum
HOW TO APPLY
To apply send:
- Your covering letter with the completed Application Form (this can be obtained from our website www.gov.ms), along with a Curriculum Vitae, notarized copies of qualification and registration certificates and the names of at least two referees: email@example.com
Or by mail to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resources Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, P O Box 262, Brades, MSR1110, Montserrat on or before December 15, 2017.