Interim Service Charge Accountant
An exciting opportunity to work within a lively team as an interim Service Charge Accounting, in a well known Housing Association.
Your experience will include:
- Calculating, setting and administering services charge process for approximately 1000 tenants
- Excellent planning, organising, analysing and monitoring skills
- To ensure accurate record keeping in relation to service charges including charges to residents, allocation rule and charge rule, payment recording of service charge expenditure and reporting of performance of service charge collection.
- To ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with financial regulations and standing orders as amended from time to time for service charge contracts.
- Ensure that all service charge queries are dealt with promptly and in line with the housing associations customer service standards
- To prepare budget and forecast data on service charges.
- Significantly improved quality of information sent out with annual leaseholder service charge statements for greater accountability and transparency
- Established working relationships with key staff across the business to ensure all estate service costs are identified and accounted for accurately
- Prepared draft annual actual service charge accounts for leaseholder properties for audit sign off at end of financial year
- Sinking fund reconciliation and cash transfers to composite bank accounts
- Manage and resolve queries received from residents and colleagues
- Deliver training to ensure that all staff makes best use of the service charge systems.
- Ensuring the integrity of accounting records and controls in line with prevailing legislation
You will be a methodical, accurate person with excellent attention to detail and have the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise your workload.
With strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under your initiative as well as part of a team, you will have a positive attitude and excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word is essential.