This job is no longer available
* Ownership of the accounting system (SAGE) and Chart of Accounts, ensuring that all ledgers are accurate, reconciliations and supported by the appropriate level of documentation.
* Definition and documentation of all accounting processes (including the Month End cycle).
* Ensure robust controls and reconciliations between SAGE, banks including key reconciliations: Suppliers, Bank and Commission.
* Completion of Financial Statements in accordance with business governance policy and the reporting cycle.
* Manage the cash position of the business, ensuring that funds are in the correct place to make the requirement including day to day foreign exchange transactions to pay creditors.
* Provide a monthly detailed analysis of the cash movements of the business and reconcile with the bank accounts as well as providing a rolling detailed three month projection of the cash position and a summary 12 month projection.
* Assist with the development of the foreign exchange policy including Hedging and Investments.
* Compile the Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and cash flow. Liaise and deal with company auditors including the provision of statutory accounts and corporate taxation.
* Provide Financial and statutory information to Third parties as required
* Ensure that all statutory returns and payments are made by the business including VAT, PAYE and Tax.
* Responsibility for a Financial Supervisor and a team of Finance Assistants.
* Qualified accountant - ACMA, ACA or ACCA
* Experience of operating in a multi-currency environment and knowledge of accounting treatment of exchange rate differences.
* Cash Management experience including Forex transactions and cash forecasting with multiple accounts and currencies
* Intermediate or Advanced Excel skills
* High level of IT literacy (needs to be comfortable learning and navigating our booking system to obtain necessary information).Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.