Financial Planning Accountant
This job has now expired
Working under the direction of the Senior Financial Planning Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for several main strands of work including:
- To oversee the financial construction and accuracy of all planned income, this will involve Activity Based Costing analysis or Cost Card Costings for areas of work
- To ensure that the income stream for which the post holder is responsible for, is reconciled to the income expected within the accounts
- To ensure that any internal claims on the income are satisfied by transfer pricing
- To establish and communicate robust financial forecasts for future income
- To oversee the invoice and reporting process
Efficiency opportunity development:
- Taking and analysing the information and data from the financial, operational and performance Management Information and the business activity data to identify areas within the business which vary from the strategic aims
- Working with the various department heand as necessary to understand the cause of the variances and work with them to develop possible solutions to realise the available efficiencies
- Work with colleagues within business planning and the wider finance team, as well as project managers and business design and change to understand benefits deliverable from each of the projects within the organisation and ensure that these financial objectives are all identified, aligned and realised
- Be the financial point of contact within the business for benefits identification and realisation for the area of income for which the post holder is responsible.
The successful candidate will also be required to contribute to the Spending Review process by providing input generated from the above activities to the preparation of the four yearly plans for income and by ensuring that the appropriate funding is secured, documented, reviewed and distributed for the organisation.
Ideally you will hold a professional accountancy qualification however our client may consider nearly qualified. You will have a very good understanding of financial planning, be an excellent communicator with sound organisational and analytical skills.