This job is no longer available
Commercial trading support / Daily Reporting
* Keep up-to-date profit and position/ risk reports on the physical trading book, which includes hedging derivatives, and speculative books.
* Preparation of Daily Profit & Loss and Position Report, analyse results and provide explanations to traders and wider stakeholders.
* Analyse Foreign Exchange exposure.
* Review mark to market valuations.
* Discuss with management the changing risks facing the business.
* Drive planning, budgeting, forecasting and production of appropriate performance measures.
* Help the traders understand their responsibilities in maintaining a visible control over their business.
Accounting / Monthly reporting
* Process month end activities - book the inventory journal entry, reconcile the inventory.
* Analyse and develop regular reports to allow operational understanding and accounting for stocks processing eg yield results.
* Prepare monthly P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
* Analyse the monthly performance, work out key performance drivers and produce commentary.
* Focus on continuously improving processes and methods of regular routines to allow increasing focus on providing business support, analysis and financial advice.
* Resolve differences on inter-company balances and transactions to/from trading business.
* Reconcile differences between trading and accounting system.
* Support internal and external audit processes.
* Provide support to the trade operations team.
* Be a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
* Have experience of world market commodity trading including Futures and Options.
* Experience in SAP and BI or equivalent data warehousing and reporting tools.
* Have advanced Excel modelling skills and the ability to adapt models for users with less advanced Excel skills.
* Have experience of modelling "projects" and "what-if" scenarios and of providing interpretation and advice.
* Have experience in writing reports and developing presentations.
* Must be able to work effectively under time pressure.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.