This job is no longer available
The public sector is changing. We live in an extraordinarily challenging financial climate and the pressure on front line services cannot be underestimated. However, the appetite for innovation and to do things differently is unprecedented. As Essex County Council seeks to look at how we commission all our services, the opportunities for joined up working and innovation will continue to grow.
Finance Business Partner
Essex County Council
£46,000 to £55,000 p.a.
Finance Professional Services plays a key role in the evolution of the Council. We regard ourselves as catalysts for change across the organisation. We have re-positioned the service to enable innovation, putting financial considerations at the heart of all operational and strategic decision making across the organisation. Not as a blocker, but as an enabler for change, finding effective ways to move forward. We work within a strong ‘can do’ culture that we consider essential to the future of the business.
Part of a Finance Business Partnering Team, you will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner and will work closely with colleagues to ensure the delivery of a high performing, customer facing finance service which proactively embraces change.
As a Finance Business Partner you will ensure the provision of high quality advice, information, analysis and interpretation to budget holders to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements. You will achieve high customer satisfaction levels and make a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the Directorate’s business.
• Minimum 2 years Post Qualification Experience.
• CCAB Qualification or Equivalent Experience/achievement
• Knowledge & understanding of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation - preferably public sector.
• Service delivery improvements within a finance setting.
• Financial planning and management for a group of service areas.
• Providing financial advice & support to management teams.
• Identifying opportunities to develop financial systems and processes.
• Evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the delivery of large scale services.
• Engaging and working with management teams.
• Inspiring & motivating colleagues within the finance function to achieve targets and goals.
• Working within and influencing multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
To apply please follow the below link: -
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.