This job is no longer available
A unique opportunity to help shape St Helena’s future
Modernisation and MTEF Support Advisor, St. Helena Government
£46,000 pa + up to £21,500 Benefits 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
A self-governing overseas territory of the United Kingdom, St Helena is an island of 47 square miles and around 4,000 people in the South Atlantic. With Cape Town in South Africa some 1,700 miles distant, the Islanders enjoy a unique lifestyle in truly unspoilt, friendly and peaceful surroundings.
St Helena is poised for the biggest transformation in the island’s history, with the imminent construction of an airport. It will grow from a centralised economy with 1,000 visitors per year to a market economy with up to 30,000 visitors per year. St Helena Government is implementing a Public Service Modernisation Programme (PSMP) that will enable the Public Service to improve its delivery of the government’s developmental objectives, addressing existing gaps and weaknesses, and taking into consideration affordability and sustainability issues. The Modernisation Support Advisor will play a key role in this programme.
• Develop a roadmap for the progressive development of a Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) based approach to budgeting.
• Improve the format of the present Budget Estimates improving transparency; increasing budget coverage and changes as required to the present budget system in turn clarifying the roles and responsibilities for budget preparation and execution.
• Advise on SHG Policy Management, Strategic Planning, Performance Management and MTEF approaches making recommendations on their fitness for purpose, making adjustments and educating senior stakeholders training and development where required.
• Considerable involvement and experience in Public Service Management Reform, ideally in a small island setting.
• Demonstrable experience gained in Strategic Planning, Performance Management, MTEF approach, Policy Management, Budgeting and Training Development and Delivery.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to be a strong team player who can foster a collaborative working relationship with a variety of stakeholders through a confident and pleasant demeanour.
Benefits for this post include:
• Paid flights and sea passages to and from post
• 20 days annual leave (pro rata basis) to be taken on island
• Relocation allowance
• Rental allowance
• Utilities allowance
Further information and an application form can be found at http://www.sthelenacareers.com If you would like more information about the post please contact Kedell Worboys on 0203 170 8705, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to St. Helena Government UK Representative, 16 Old Queen Street, London, SW1H 9HP.
Completed application forms to be sent electronically to email@example.com by 12 noon on 4 August 2012.