This job is no longer available
* Manage the project and corporate resources ensuring the BU is served with qualified and effective accounting professionals whilst supporting personal and professional development of those individuals
* Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
* Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff, including approval of time sheets and expense reports
* Serve as one of the primary financial points of contact for SOX, internal audit and external audit
* Liaise with all Hydrocarbons business unit controllers to ensure that business unit financial planning and budget management functions are adequately staffed and executed.
* Establish and oversee adherence to critical financial and operational policies
* Financial liaison with Project Controls functions
* Support the quarterly/annual reporting effort for Hydrocarbons in the region
* Coordinate related support for KPMG, SOX and Internal Audit
* Participate in PSR and PFSR review meetings
* Ensure monthly closing processes are working & provide problem solving management solutions
* Ensure Hydrocarbon's monthly accounting process of account reconciliations are relevant, timely completed.
* Ensure monthly review process of operating results is operating timely & efficiently and that results and deviations to budgets forecast are correct and appropriately communicated
* Support and participate in financial analysis for contract negotiations and financial decisions as required by business units
* Support the Business Unit Controller and Hydrocarbon senior operations managers. Respond to ad hoc data requests and projects
The position will report to the A&F Controller Oil and Gas and be responsible for the Hydrocarbons A&F resources in Europe and Africa. The position will be based in the KBR Leatherhead office, and some travel will be required.
* BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED
* Related experience, including experience of managing teams of accounting professionals
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting (preferred) or Business Administration or similar discipline required
* ACCA or other UK accounting qualification preferred
* Ability to work independently with little direction
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Skilled proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Strong organization skills
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to work with various accounting and financial reporting systems (JDE, SAP, Hyperion, and/or GL Inquiry)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.