This job is no longer available
PKF is one of the UK’s leading firms of accountants and business advisers, which specialises in advising the management of developing private and public business. We pride ourselves on creating and sustaining supportive relationships where objective and timely advice enables our clients to thrive and develop.
We have more than 1,200 partners and staff operating from 19 offices around the country; wherever our clients are based we can offer local expertise backed up by the resources of a national firm.
PKF (UK) LLP is a member of the PKF International Limited network of legally independent firms with around 15,000 people working out of 400 offices in 120 countries, and an overall turnover of approximately US$2 billion.
Management Consultancy Services (MCS) – International Projects Group (IPG)
Our London-based International Projects Group (IPG) undertakes consultancy assignments in developing nations and emerging markets, with a major focus on institutional development and capacity-building in public financial management. IPG generated £8.5 million in turnover last financial year.
IPG has established a significant track record in delivering technical assistance to Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs) in developing countries. We are one of the leading providers of services in this sector, with on-going or recently completed projects in Bangladesh, South Sudan, The Gambia, Palestine, Sierra Leone, Bosnia and Afghanistan. We provide advice on a wide range of strategic and operational issues facing SAIs, as well as providing training and mentoring to SAI management and staff.
To further develop this SAI business stream we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Consultant/Consultant in SAI who is a qualified accountant (ideally CIPFA) with some public sector audit experience and an interest in international consultancy to join the IPG team. For the right candidate this will be a rewarding opportunity to move directly into management consultancy and international development. The role will entail a mix of project management of on-going projects, technical delivery to developing nation SAIs, and support to business development and the acquisition of new opportunities.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• project management (principally UK-based) of on-going and future international SAI assignments;
• support to the development of a pipeline of SAI projects; and
• short inputs delivering technical advice/mentoring/alongside working to developing nation SAIs.
Skills / Experience:
• qualified accountant via CCAB;
• public sector audit experience;
• interest in international development;
• ability to work in challenging and multi-ethnic environments;
• willingness to travel (one to four weeks at a time).
• relevant post graduate degree;
• strong academic background;
• international financial assurance experience.
PKF Skills & Behaviours:
• Technical expertise
• Growing the business
• Building relationships
• Developing self & others
• Leading effective teams
• Delivering service
• Achieving financial results
• Managing risk & decision making