This job is no longer available
This Finance Manager position is an 11 month fixed term contract.
The London Finance Shared Service Centre provides integral support to the EMEA business units and legal entities for back office accounting.
With 80 staff working across 90 different legal entities, the team provide expertise in Billing, Cash Collections, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Statutory and Tax filings.
To manage a team of GL accountants within the SSC to ensure the GL close process is timely and accurate and to contribute to the improvement of all aspects of the GL team's activity. (11 month contract as Maternity Cover).
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management of a team of GL accountants, including recruitment, mentoring, performance evaluation, review and objective setting.
* Coordinate the monthly, quarterly and annual close process for EMEA business units. Liaising with business unit's financial controllers, other departments within the LSSC, external advisors and corporate accounting to meet tight reporting close deadlines. Ensuring the balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
* In co-ordination with the GL management team, manage and improve the Balance Sheet Reconciliation process.
* Support other departments including Statutory and Tax, and Treasury with their reporting requirements.
* Deliver GL projects as agreed with the General Ledger and Reporting Manager.
* Undertake ad-hoc duties as required.
* Management of a team in a changing environment.
* Exposure to many areas of the business and senior finance officers.
* Significant involvement in key project implementation.
* Proven team management experience, (management experience of 3 - 4 staff).
* Multinational, multi-currency environment exposure.
* Experience of managing in a dynamic environment.
* Technical Accounting ability
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Qualified Accountant
* Able to meet tight deadlines
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Staff Management
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.