I am recruiting for one of our Local Government client’s , based in Kent, they are looking to recruit a Finance Officer on a permanent basis.
The post holder will contribute to the provision of an effective and efficient customer-focused accountancy function relating to both revenue services and capital accounts. The post holder will assist in delivering timely financial advice to budget managers, with a focus on the key financial processes of budgeting, monitoring, preparation of final accounts and medium -term financial planning.
To assist with the preparation of the revenue and capital estimates of the council.
- To contribute to the preparation of monthly budget monitoring information for budget managers and Management Team.
- To continuously monitor actual revenue and capital expenditure against estimates. To support budget managers through the provision of financial advice and recommendation on any action required to be taken to manage budgets.
- To take a role in monthly meetings with budget managers, challenging forecasts and variances in accordance with the Council’s budget monitoring framework.
- To assist in the preparation of quarterly budget monitoring reports to Members.
- To monitor and calculate allocations of costs to be recharged across council services.
- To perform regular reconciliations of key areas of financial activity
- To assist in the final accounts process and preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with the annual timetable.
- To promote best financial practice and compliance with the relevant accounting, statutory, external grant funding financial regulations and procedures, including those for external reporting, medium term financial planning and the sound financial governance of public funds.
- To promote the Council’s financial accounting systems and contribute to the training of system users.
- To assist in the production of financial information as a contribution to the development of strategies, work programmes and business cases to help deliver the Council’s financial plans and strategies and facilitate decision-making.
- To assist other officers with the maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register where necessary.
- Part Qualified (Studying towards) ACCA, CIMA or AAT
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.